POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Eavesdropping - final [~110kB] : Re: Eavesdropping - final [~110kB] Server Time
6 Aug 2024 02:23:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Eavesdropping - final [~110kB]
From: Shay
Date: 31 Aug 2007 12:42:13
Message: <46d844e5$1@news.povray.org>
Thomas de Groot wrote:

>> Shay:
>> The kids take away from it, IMO, but a very nice picture.

> Well, it is a matter of taste I think. Personally, I do like
> them there.

Yes, a matter of taste. For the purpose of discussion, I'll expand just
a bit on my tastes and what I mean by "take away from it."

I have a problem with most big-budget films. A massive audience is
required to make back the money spent on these films. This massive
audience is too often built by designing big-budget films to attract
several disparate groups. Therefore, where a small independent film
might be about a Iskander's discovery of a valuable piece of
information, the big budget counterpart would be about Iskander's
discovery of a valuable piece of information; a crusty-but-benign police
lieutenant who's always getting heat from the commissioner; a
hard-nosed, hard-drinking detective who thinks women belong in the
kitchen; the brilliant and beautiful young girl cop who's fighting the
feminist battle on the force; a hair raising boat chase; and two "gosh
darn kids" who foil an evil plot against Iskander.

Looking at your picture, I am intensely interested in what information
Iskander is hearing and to what use he will put it. I know the kids are
part of the story and dread the point at which the plot will shift away
to their role in events. For the same reason, I can't watch a movie like
"Braveheart" or "The Patriot" more than once - too uneven in tone. Some
love these types of laugh-cry-cheer-sigh epic movies. Yes, a matter of
taste.

 -Shay